I didn’t have time to make Isabela’s daggers for Dragon*Con last year, so I’m rectifying that this year! (Posing with a sword makes you look way cooler, amirite?)
I’m making them out of a few layers of thick cardboard reinforced with white glue, Wonderflex, and eventually some Friendly Plastic and foam to even out and shape certain areas. 
I wasn’t sure how the cardboard would hold up, but, while I’m not going to run around whacking things with them, they’re actually really sturdy and have a nice weight to them.
I didn’t have time to make Isabela’s daggers for Dragon*Con last year, so I’m rectifying that this year! (Posing with a sword makes you look way cooler, amirite?)
I’m making them out of a few layers of thick cardboard reinforced with white glue, Wonderflex, and eventually some Friendly Plastic and foam to even out and shape certain areas. 
I wasn’t sure how the cardboard would hold up, but, while I’m not going to run around whacking things with them, they’re actually really sturdy and have a nice weight to them.
I didn’t have time to make Isabela’s daggers for Dragon*Con last year, so I’m rectifying that this year! (Posing with a sword makes you look way cooler, amirite?)
I’m making them out of a few layers of thick cardboard reinforced with white glue, Wonderflex, and eventually some Friendly Plastic and foam to even out and shape certain areas. 
I wasn’t sure how the cardboard would hold up, but, while I’m not going to run around whacking things with them, they’re actually really sturdy and have a nice weight to them.
I didn’t have time to make Isabela’s daggers for Dragon*Con last year, so I’m rectifying that this year! (Posing with a sword makes you look way cooler, amirite?)
I’m making them out of a few layers of thick cardboard reinforced with white glue, Wonderflex, and eventually some Friendly Plastic and foam to even out and shape certain areas. 
I wasn’t sure how the cardboard would hold up, but, while I’m not going to run around whacking things with them, they’re actually really sturdy and have a nice weight to them.

I didn’t have time to make Isabela’s daggers for Dragon*Con last year, so I’m rectifying that this year! (Posing with a sword makes you look way cooler, amirite?)

I’m making them out of a few layers of thick cardboard reinforced with white glue, Wonderflex, and eventually some Friendly Plastic and foam to even out and shape certain areas. 

I wasn’t sure how the cardboard would hold up, but, while I’m not going to run around whacking things with them, they’re actually really sturdy and have a nice weight to them.

hurricanedrunk17: Hi, your Isabela cosplay is awesome! I've never done cosplay before and really wanna have a go. I'm going to comic con this year and I was thinking as going as isabela but I'm abit clueless as to how to make the tunic/corset part and wondered if you could help me out :D thanks!

Hi there! And thanks!

Unfortunately, I don’t know how much help I can be with this part of the costume; I actually completely winged it when it came to making her tunic. I have very, very minimal sewing knowledge, and I looked at a few tutorials for making a corset (a few can be found on my cosplay Pinterest board), but when I got down to it, I just made some general patterns out of tracing paper and transferred them to cloth when it looked right. It’s actually one part of the costume I’d like to remake in the future.

I will say making a duct tape dummy (tutorial here—super easy to do with a friend) was incredibly helpful because it basically let me mold the fabric around my body:

Basically, it was just a lot of careful cutting and pinning strips of fabric/trim until it looked right to me. 

It’s all one piece, and I used Velcro strips on the side because I thought it would make getting it on easier, but I’ve actually since replaced it with elastic bands because the Velcro didn’t pull tight enough to give a corset effect.

Kixet on Cosplay.com did a great corset for her Isabela, and links to the tutorial she used/modified with some commentary about that process. I think her information here might be more valuable than my messy trial and error process. :)